Topband: Antennas on ground

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antennas on ground
From: Paul Antos <wb2abd@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 17:53:56 +0000
I wanted to shorten my inverted vee for 160 the other day. The initial setup
resonated at 1740 , and sat that way since last year ( medical pblm). I cut off
6ft and went to measure in the shack and it wound up at 1630. I realized
something was afoot, and figured maybe the coax went bad. Went out to drop the
antenna and found an end support line slipped, putting one half of one leg on
the ground with the leaves and acorns.

Tightening everything up, and it retested at 1795. So, BOG antenna theory ....

Paul NS2N