Topband: 60' High T with Elevated radials

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 60' High T with Elevated radials
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:50:17 -0500
John

touche !...for clarification,  65' high ( at top), Supported by 70' tall hickory trees. Radials are 90' long (5' off the ground) 8^). lot is 200x270 ( just shy of 1.25 acres)

With non resonant, elevated radials, Common mode currents are a big deal. And the choke ended up with 4 turns of coax through 8 FT31-240 cores, Fewer Cores got too hot to touch at 1KW, The measured choking impedance of this is about 7K ohms

Plays well though, even with my Florida handicap I have worked 79 countries  since getting back on top band in March of this year (1/2 of those on CW and 1/2  FT8)

Dave
NR1DX