Topband: Excellent condx

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Excellent condx
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 09:50:25 -0700
Last night the band was wide open from before sunset till about 0500z here at
VE6WZ.

32 EU callsigns were in the log, with some good signals from RA4LW, UA4HBW,
R3DE and RA2FV.  It was really nice to see the band open up to southern EU with
SV2DCD and IK7JTF calling in.  Numerous callers from OK, SP, OM, HA, LA, OH,
SM, LY, DL and G also checked in.

Pertti at OG2M had an exceptional signal, and later in the evening called in as
OG3W running only 60w.  Len SM7BIC called me with 30w, and I heard him but
could not quite get his call.  After many requests for repeats, he called in
with full power.

The last three nights have been great into EU on the polar path:
Nov 11- 23 EU worked
Nov 10- 34 EU worked
Nov 9 - 47 EU worked

This season condx have been excellent in spite of the recurring coronal hole.
Since Aug 11 I have worked 325 EU, with 160 unique callsigns, 113 AS worked
with 75 unique, and 109 OC with only 20 unique.
50 DXCC so far.  All CW.

Its great to see so much CW activity.  Numerous first time 160m stations have
been logged this season.

TX is using my 2 el parasitic array, RX is always diversity with 9 circle vert
array and Beverages (either single or broadside phased).  Radio is either the
K3s or Flex 6600.

I continue to upload audio recordings of some of my QSOs, if you worked me our
QSO might be here (file name is call with date of QSO):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12GqZMPZ4R2nPLGbOVho6AHGkV9tD_MHf?usp=sharing

<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12GqZMPZ4R2nPLGbOVho6AHGkV9tD_MHf?usp=sharing>

73, de steve ve6wz