Topband: Trans-polar is open!

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Trans-polar is open!
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 12:11:28 -0600
Last night DF2PY was making it across the pole to VE6.
Wolf could not hear me so we did not make a QSO, but Dave W0FLS worked him and
he also worked Rino IK7JTF who was only running 100w.

I was very surprised to hear the band open in spit of the solar wind still
kicking up around 500 km/s or so.

Lets hope this is a proxy for the winter DX season to come :-)

Here is a link to a sound clip of DF2PY’s CQ I recorded last night.  RX is
direct polar path (not skewed). Diversity RX with 9 circle, and broadside
phased Beverage pair.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TjAp-yq_0KcE-292X5zQMZFPvsEplbQn/view?usp=sharing

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TjAp-yq_0KcE-292X5zQMZFPvsEplbQn/view?usp=sharing>

73, es cu on TB !!  de steve ve6wz