Topband: An oddball question about a BOG.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: An oddball question about a BOG.
From: Mikek <amdx@knology.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:05:23 -0500
But what did you mean by "proper pattern"?

I should have said, the best pattern that adjusting the Inductive loads will provide.

Yes, I understand the pattern changes with frequency. What I want to do is inductively load the antenna,
so it will have the same pattern as if we increased the length.

Say I have a BOG with a length that is ideal to give me the best RDF number available at say 1.8Mhz.  Now, I move down to 1MHz, and I inductively load it, can I get that same RDF number?
ie. can I reduce the VF to make it act like the correct length?
 What are the caveats?

                                  Thanks,  Mikek