Re: Topband: BOG height

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG height
From: Hermod Pedersen <hermod@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 00:43:42 +0200 (CEST)
That is absolutely so.
I have been using BOG's for years, running them in and out on the neighbor
farmer's field, until a friend of mine told me that I really must raise the
wire.
Having done so during the last winter, with kind permission from the farmer, I
can tell you that Chuck is spot on. Raise the wire above the ground, and It's
totally different. While I use my antennas for MW DXing, it should be the same
for topband DX.
With the BOGs I could, on a nice night, hear some fair long distance stations,
with an elevated wire I now regularly can catch Andean MW stations in my
location, which is Sweden. summer or winter.
/hermod