Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters OK1YQ (OK1RD) Legitimacy???!!!

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: ARRL DXCC - 160 Meters OK1YQ (OK1RD) Legitimacy???!!!
From: The Old Man <TheOldMan2019@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 17:09:04 +0000
On 11/17/2018 5:42 AM, k1zm--- via Topband wrote:

Hmmm again
Okay - now I remember this guy and his shenanigans from way back.  OK1RD (now
masquerading as OK1YQ - which is a callsign that does not appear on qrz.com!)
Guys - I would recommend that any of us that are really interested send an
email to the ARRL DXCC desk and ask that this 160m DXCC OK1YQ listing be taken
down - and that this fellow be prohibited from participating in the DXCC
program going forward.
This is ridiculous and I agree - who is now running the DXCC desk?  Sure wish
NN1N and some of the older, wiser DXCC managers were still around to police
this kind of activity!
What utter nonsense!
73 JEFF VY2ZM

Hi Jeff,

Any word on this? It's been over 6 months and nothing but silence

This whole situation stunk to high heaven the first time  around. Why did it
have to return for an encore?

Wasn't this all settled and put to bed years ago back when NC1L, NN1N & K1ZZ
were running things?

The current crew of lightweights they have running things in Newington seem
hell bent on seeing how fast  they can run 100 years of ARRL and and 80+ years
of DXCC straight into the ground. Doesn't the Board take notice of matters such
as this any more? It's an embarrassment for which all involved should be
ashamed.

Seems like the days of W1CW and integrity and standards in the DXCC program are
now gone for good. Maybe the time is ripe for Don Miller and Romeo to stage
their comebacks too?

73,
Charlie