Re: Topband: Lack of NA Activity on CW

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: Lack of NA Activity on CW
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 20:49:44 +0000
I’ve been calling CQ almost every morning from the black hole of California.

Propagation to EU from here has been very poor this year but the RBN shows I’m
being heard in JA, Asia and Oceania but I rarely get a reply.  Granted, I don’t
hear well (since I live in a subdivision in San Jose with lots of noise) but I
know there are lots of JAs and other stations who put out signal I can easily
hear.

Seems like most CW ops have lost interest of late.  I’m about to pull the plug
since I don’t see much point in getting up early to call CQ only to see how I’m
doing on the RBN.  FT8 does not do it for me.

73,

Bob
AA6VB

Sent from my iPhone