Re: Topband: From 5x3c

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: From 5x3c
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 00:35:10 -0400
Tonight was another of those times that
make 160 the awesome band it is. 5X3C was
not easily heard tonight. If not for the
HI-Z setup I couldn't even hear them over
the noise level from AMTRAK. The sloper
was unable to give a S/N that was
workable. Even so, they were just showed
as a ghost on the P3, but... I could hear
them.

DX Atlas was showing they were just
beginning their grayline when I could
first hear them but QSB in & out made it
iffy all throughout the grayline itself. I
hung in there and just after it looked
like the sun had risen there, they heard
my signal. For whatever reason there
weren't any others calling them, just me.
4:00Z and I posted it to the cluster &
several started calling, but 5 minutes
later they were gone from the headphones
and the scope.

Nothing like playing the game the best you
know how and lucking out.

Better than fishing (but not by much):)

Good luck to us all, 73,

Gary