Topband: 4U1ITU

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 4U1ITU
From: Steve <aa4v@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:29:11 -0500
I operated from ITU many times in the 1980’s. The sloping wire from the
building to the ground had just been installed by Paco EA(?) who along with Ted
Robinson ran the club station. I traveled throughout Europe for my company
usually planning air departure from Brussels to Geneva. I’d operate all weekend
and departed on Sunday evening by train to my next appointment on Monday in
Zurich. I ran into George K8GG a few times. His wife’s family lived in
Lausanne, about 40 km from Geneva. I spent a lot of time on 160 at Geneva
sunrise and worked many stateside on top band. Many mentioned that it was an
ATNO on 160.
Very nice setup in those years. Access to the club station was easy if you
joined the 4U1ITU club. Don’t know about now.
73
Steve AA4V

Sent from my I-Phone