Topband: 4U1ITU on 160

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 4U1ITU on 160
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:20:47 -0700
> hi guys,
> you have me confused. 4U1ITU is easy from southern arizona. Bordered by
> France/Switzerland and Germany all are easily workable.
> I don't understand the "black hole" comments.
> Larry

(Re)read what N6TR said about the 4U1ITU QTH.

I was there for CQWW CW a few years later. It was too foggy to see any nearby mountains :( However, the ITU building is in downtown Geneva. We had a 160 sloper going from the roof to the ground. There was a much taller building only a few hundred feet away, directly towards the USA. I can't imagine what the electronic RF QRM must be like now.

HB9AMO can tell you much more about 4U1ITU.

73,
Steve, N2IC