Topband: V84SAA report 1530z 09 Feb

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: V84SAA report 1530z 09 Feb
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 15:28:16 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Gang
I am off to bed but a quick update on the lowbands out here.
On 80m at our SS we had some good luck.  K1LZ worked KV4FZ, FM5BH K8MFO some
W0's W3LPL, W3UR and quite a few others.
This was as the sun setting out over the ocean.
On 160m where I was - it was really tough - but managed to copy N4IS in (FLA)
and  work N0FW in Cincinnati Ohio.
We have a 1000 ft beverage aimed at NA on the short path - and the xmit antenna
is almost in the salt water - but honestly NA signals on Topband are  about RST
109 for the most part.
Only the west coast is about 559 with some exceptions  Keep the faith - we are
trying - with an S meter resting  at S1 and only atmospheric noise to deal with
- it is still  beyond hard to hear stations considerably BELOW that level.
It is almost ESP like out here on Topband!  Keep the faith - maybe we will get
an uptick in propagation while we are here
73 JEFF  K1ZM/VY2ZM
Jeff BriggsDXing on the Edge: The Thrill of 160 Meters Available worldwide
through BookBaby, Array Solutions, DX Engineering, Radio Society of Great
Britain, & Amazon