Re: Topband: Rev 2 160 Antenna farm

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rev 2 160 Antenna farm
From: "john johnjeanantiqueradio.com" <john@johnjeanantiqueradio.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 20:54:46 -0500 (EST)
I am in the same boat awaiting Jim K9YC's opinion on what coax to use for 75
ohm wrapped on 2.4" cores. My 160m 4 square is in the vertically mounted
InvertedVee configuration My feepoints are 65 feet in the air and 95 feet away
from the supporting detuned tower. Puting a 4" core up there and pulling that
hard
on the rope supports isn't an option for me.

Jim didn't like tightly wound RG302/U saying that it might migrate and possibly
short out.

Jim please we need to know what coax to buy and what type plugs will fit
properly
on that coax for 75 ohm Chokes for 160m.

thanks
73
John k9uwa