Re: Topband: CQ160 Conditions

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ160 Conditions
From: Larry via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 14:47:38 -0700
Hi Rick,

You are correct. I am 425 miles from the ocean. As DF2 PY would like to say- I
am located in the far LEFT COAST.

Either way the conditions were really poor for me with only 5 European stations
in the log. I chased down EU spots that were normally extremely loud but
nothing heard. I expect that it was much worse at  your location.

As they say, next year!

Larry

Sent by Larry

On Jan 28, 2019, at 1:04 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>
wrote:

> On 1/28/2019 11:27 AM, Larry via Topband wrote:
> Good job. Unfortunately the conditions from the West coast were the worst in
> the last 10 years.
> Funny band.
> Larry
> n7dd

Hi Larry, you worked me in the first minutes of the contest
in full daylight, hi.

AFAIK, you are east of Salt Lake City.  Also considerably south
of there as well. I would hardly consider your QTH the "west coast".
I often hear you working stuff I can't even hear.  Spot light
propagation etc.

73
Rick N6RK