Re: Topband: FT-8 gentleman's agreement for 160?

To: Prasad PTT <vu2ptt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT-8 gentleman's agreement for 160?
From: Manoj Ramawarrier <vu2cpl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 08:13:55 +0530
Hello All,

As stated by Prasad already, the new allocation has limited our allocation to
1800-1825 kHZ.

We were hoping to get a clarification from our licensing authority and were
told in December last week that the new allocation plan would be followed.
You would have seen me QRV on FT8 before that, but now we are all limited to
1800-1825. Thanks Merv for the QSO on FT8 and CW.

For those who don’t do CW and looking for a QSO with VU, we will have to come
to an agreed QRG to transmit within our allocation.

Herb and me tried a test 2 days back and I had tried same with Miriam VY2HH a
few weeks back.

So, even though we got 3 new bands including 60m in the new allocation, we lost
a big usable chunk on 160m.

I am hoping efforts to restore the band plan bear some fruit soon.

If you hear an FT8 signal within 1800-1825, it may be a VU2 calling…

BTW, Good luck to all for the contest..

73

Manoj VU2CPL