Re: Topband: Inverted L improvements - Part 3 (now with data)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L improvements - Part 3 (now with data)
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 18:51:56 -0400
Hey Todd,

What happens to your Inverted L's SWR curve if you short your other 160m
antenna (the 43'-T) to ground, or otherwise detune it somehow?..could be
you're onto something..not sure. Wide SWR's like that generally point to
huge ground losses.

I just can't get over how freeging wide your SWR curve *(and frankly I am a
little surprised more folks haven't weighed in on this thread)

Mike VE9AA

NR7RR:

<snip>

So perhaps this tall wire was doomed from the outset? I was so

encouraged that the 43' T worked so well for what it was and the small

amount of effort it took to get converted to 160m that maybe a taller

version would be substantially better<snip>

At this point the best path forward may be to just remove the tall

wire and reroute all of the new radials (over 2000ft) to the original

43' T's radial plate and with any luck make it play better as a

result?

Todd - NR7RR

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB