Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259

To: k3lr@k3lr.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 20:45:44 -0600
Here's two photos behind my modified antenna switch.
www.w0btu.com/files/misc/F-connector_1500+W/

Towards the red antenna switch is a short, brown-jacketed section of RG-59;
then a double-female F barrel; and then black F-6 which goes outdoors to my
transmit antennas.

The brown RG-59 gets *slightly* warm on continous 1500W carrier, but
neither the F barrel nor the F-6 is above ambient temperature.

BTW, F-6 (the CATV version of RG-6) has the same power handling capability
as RG-213.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com