Topband: RCS8V is the correct model

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RCS8V is the correct model
From: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 02:04:34 +0000
   Hi Al and the group
     I was looking for an on to off isolation spec with the RCS8V coaxial
switch but unable to find one. I have seen where two different receiving
antennas will interact with each other if the isolation between ports on a coax
switch is not great enough. They use a single relay so my GUESS would be about
40 dB. This is why we developed the Hi-Z coax switches that will provide over
70 dB of on to off ratio and isolation between inputs for little to none
reaction between receiving antennas. You might contact the manufacturer for
information on the isolation capability of their RCS8V product. Its not of much
concern for transmitting antennas but certainly can be with receiving antennas
with high directivity.
Lee   K7TJR    OR

Had a brain fart here.  I meant to ask RCS8V and Gary KD9SV was kind enough to
question my switch designation.
Best,
Al,  W5IZ