Topband: Multiple verticals one feed-point.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Multiple verticals one feed-point.
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:34:57 -0400
My HF antennas are all wire verticals; 20M
vertical, 30M vertical, 40M vertical, 80
INV-V & 160 sloper. Using the Ameritron
remote coax switch it allows me to select
one of these antennas and this allows a
match to everything from 160-6 except for
60 meters which I don't use anyway. All
are connected to the radial plate which
has maybe 40 or so 130' long radials. I
use the 160 sloper for 160, 12, 10 & 6M (I
now have a 7 el yagi for 6M)

This latest thread has me wondering about
what would be likely to happen if I didn't
use the coax switch and instead ran all
the wires off a common feed-point? The
only think I can think of that jumps out
at me is the possibility of harmonics.

Perhaps harmonics are not an issue? I've
long used a 40M antenna for 15M as well
with no complaints. I used to use a
Mor-Gain antenna as a Novice & General and
it was a multi band dipole which seemed to
work fairly well, but in the sunspot cycle
peak back in the late 70's a coat hanger
would let you work DX.

73,

Gary
KA1J