Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure

To: "k3ky@radioprism.com" <k3ky@radioprism.com>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure
From: Charles Moizeau <w2sh@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 03:17:57 +0000
David,

Like you I support the petition.  However, I will lend my name to it because I
don't want to selfishly chicken out for all the valid reasons you note.

Heck, it was only last week that Medicare, after many years, sent me a new
card, proudly announcing how pleased they now are with the fact that cards do
not need to show a social security number.  Gosh, it took what, 50 years, for
that revelation to occur to them!

Yet, I'm still asked several times a month for my SSN, and stopped in my tracks
if I don't give it.

I agree with you in that I can't understand the prevailing rush to abandon
one's privacy.  It amazes me that almost 30 percent of this planet's population
actively uses Facebook.

I haven't the slightest intention of ever joining the braggarts, liars and
narcissists in the playpens where they almost daily feed, feast and upchuck .

However, my life has been worthily enriched by Google Earth, Google Translate,
and yes, out of laziness, or as you might put it, carelessness, Google Search.
I buy stuff from Amazon and use EZ-Pass on my car.  I know I'm walking naked,
but so is everyone else (and don't be so sure that you aren't as well).

Take comfort, David, in the fact that naked or perhaps a bit less so, we're
both smarter than most of the dolts and dopes out there who collect all our
stuff.

73,

Charles, W2SH.