Re: Topband: WB6RSE Flag type loop question

To: donovanf@starpower.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: WB6RSE Flag type loop question
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 10:47:41 -0600
Thanks!

I think I will still try to build the vertical version to try.

On 8/1/2018 10:15 AM, donovanf@starpower.net wrote:
Hi Mike,

A horizontally polarized loop -- or any other horizontally polarized
160 meter antenna -- has extremely poor sensitivity when installed
less than about 0.1 wavelenght above the ground. Even if you raise
a horizontally polarized loop to about 0.1 wavelength (50 feet on 160
meters) it will be a poor antenna for DXing because of its insensitivity
to low angles of arrival.

73
Frank
W3LPL