Re: Topband: Location of WF RX Antenna. Need Expert Advice

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Location of WF RX Antenna. Need Expert Advice
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 21:23:18 -0400
I've just recently been reading up on Waller Flags, and am certainly no expert, but my impression so far is that an HWF (horizontally polarized flag), mounted up in the air on a tower, should be less affected by tall vertical thingies in the area; and less prone to local noise in the area which is normally vertically polarized, all of which is a major attraction of the antenna. So if your nearby horizontal items are not long ones in terms of wavelength on the frequencies of interest using the flag, I wouldn't expect a problem.

If your plan is a vertically polarized flag, than ignore the previous comments.

-Steve K8LX