Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z TopBand Ops Brief

To: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z TopBand Ops Brief
From: uy0zg <uy0zg@mksat.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:10:18 +0300

Hi

"Anyway, I think that anybody cheating, is primarily cheating himself." -
Of course they deceive themselves .....

But their main goal is to deceive the whole world (topband dx community).

And this is a fact!

In Eastern Europe just an epidemic...

Nick, UY0ZG

GEORGE WALLNER писал 2018-07-15 03:06:
Dave,

The "Fat" TX antenna worked pretty well towards the N - NW. Also, by
the early mornings I was able to turn up the TX power to 1400 W, as
the other CW stations went off the air.

So, Ukrain, while clearly at the edge, was entirely possible. Of
course, I would have been very suspicious if I heard a G or EI
calling... but I did not hear anything out of line.

As you point out, the DX operator has no way to tell if somebody is
listening via a remote receiver.

Anyway, I think that anybody cheating, is primarily cheating himself.

73,

George

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:12:15 +0100

 Dave Sharred via Topband <topband@contesting.com> wrote:

I have no axe to grind, I wasn't QRV. Hever,  Nick does raise a
good point.

First, if it is correct there is a small possibility of propagain
around Sunset for Serbia and Ukraine, 20 minute window to Baker Is.
However, it's not really the dx season for EU to Pacific.

With great respect the Baker Is. Topband system was compromised,  a
43ft fat vertical,  so an EU QSO must be optimistic at best.

If the EU guys had fantastic antennas, they may just be able to
make the trip, with lots more power potentially too.   To me, if you
are using a favourable located remote RX,  not in EU, that would not
be a good QSO in my ethics.

Further, since these things are available, it's not in my ethics to
use remote tx/rx outside of your home country, to claim dx contacts.

Lastly, from the dx end, it's impossible to tell if the QSO is
remote assisted or not, however, if it's outside of a real opening
time, if I was the dx, I would delete the qso from my log as dubious

73 Dave G3NKC  (op at MD4K, PZ5K and others)