Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z TopBand Ops Brief

To: Dave Sharred <g3nkc@yahoo.co.uk>, Dave Sharred via Topband <topband@contesting.com>, uy0zg <uy0zg@mksat.net>, Peter Voelpel <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z TopBand Ops Brief
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 20:06:54 -0400
Dave,
The "Fat" TX antenna worked pretty well towards the N - NW. Also, by the early mornings I was able to turn up the TX power to 1400 W, as the other CW stations went off the air. So, Ukrain, while clearly at the edge, was entirely possible. Of course, I would have been very suspicious if I heard a G or EI calling... but I did not hear anything out of line. As you point out, the DX operator has no way to tell if somebody is listening via a remote receiver.

Anyway, I think that anybody cheating, is primarily cheating himself.
73,
George

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:12:15 +0100