Re: Topband: Question about KH1 to EU QSO possibilities with respect to

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Question about KH1 to EU QSO possibilities with respect to auroral oval
From: "Clive GM3POI" <clive@gm3poi.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:34:23 -0000
Rick,
 I live at about 59 deg North and also have operated from T2 and T32  of
which T32 must be similar to KH1. At T32 my guess on propagation is that we
could expect in a 4 week on air trip, four EU openings of one sort or
another.
On that basis the KH1 trip may get one or none, on a short expedition in
terms of 160 on air time. My gut feeling is common darkness or coinciding
SR/SS is needed on these paths.  The Path of course would probably be skewed
over the US  and or over SA if LP.
73 Clive GM3POI