Re: Topband: Radial plate

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial plate
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 11:32:37 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Tony,

Your proposed configuration will work fine. Your three foot wire
is actually part of your vertical. You're vertical will need to be
shortened a few feet to achieve resonance.

While its very important to use a common mode choke with
elevated radials, its completely unnecessary when you use radials
laid on the ground or slightly buried except in the case of a sparse
radial field which I'm sure will not be the case at N2TK,

Good luck, you'll like your results! Its well worth the effort.

73
Frank
W3LPL