Re: Topband: Radials in the desert

To: Chester Latawiec <chetlat@hotmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials in the desert
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:58:05 -0700
Small ditch diggers are usually available at Home Depot here and certainly at rental yards. For aggregated materials try and find one with carbide teeth, which last 10x longer than hardened steel.

Also, cable companies use what is essentially a carbide toothed circular saw blade trencher, just big enough for RG6 or RG11. I think that is what you need to rent or find a cable co. moonlighter for some Saturday work. A rental concrete saw is another choice.

Some folks even use a chain saw for the slot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BREu_xZ4ybc

Or replacing tines of a roto-tiller with carbide tipped blades, but that takes a bit of metal working

Grant KZ1W