Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 186, Issue 7

To: topband@contesting.com <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 186, Issue 7
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 11:27:42 -0500
Rick,

Think another minute.  A guy might need 6000 of them - he cant cut and drill
those, much less string nearly 100 of them along each long radial, possibly
hundreds of them.  The steel ones degrade in a few years anyway.  The point
side is down, and they don't come up easily.  Your mower is no more likely to
throw one than any rock or other random object common in lawns.  Has anyone
ever heard of an accident with them?  I haven't.

I'm more concerned with lightning, and falling while climbing.  Radial staples
aren't too high on my list.

73,
Drew K3PA

Message: 2