Re: Topband: Straws in the Wind ....A 160m Dx'ing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Straws in the Wind ....A 160m Dx'ing
From: "John K9UWA" <john@johnjeanantiqueradio.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 20:42:12 -0400
Horrors FT8  and Digital JT65 etc?

REAL Horrors QRO stations making contacts on FT8?

Horrors SSB that Donald Duck stuff isn't PHONE?

Horrors RTTY REAL hams do CW and PHONE?

Horrors Multiple Guess FCC tests for hams?

Horrors No Code Hams?

Horrors using a Computer to Log your contacts?

Horrors Computer Duping in contests?

Horrors using Packet Cluster?

Horrors using 2 mtr spotting network among your local buddies?

Horrors using Echo Link?

Horrors REPEATERS?

Horrors using QRO said the QRP'er?

Horors making the Black Hole of the Midwest compete against the East Coast
Wall of signals evenly in a contest?

Horrors RHR?

Horrors Messing up the Ham Bands with some Silly Contest? Everybody is
FiveNine even if you can't hear them?

Horrors Messing up the "Nets"

Horrors working DX from a "List" When Last Heard u were 4//5 4/5 4/5 Net guy..
give him the last number again?

Horrors making me with the dipole in the attic compete even up in contests with
the guys with 4 hi stacks of monobanders?

The list goes on and on. Yet the above is the progression of Ham Radio. None of
us do all of it. All of us do Some of it.

Everyone has an OPINION as to what is OK and what is Not OK by their rules and
morals. Probably an honest poll of all on the topband reflector I doubt you
would
get many votes on the above list that were identical as to yes, no or maybe on
every point above. Given a bit of time I am sure I could think up a few more.

John k9uwa
John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations
k9uwa@arrl.net