Re: Topband: Beverage transformer and testing

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, donovanf@starpower.net, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage transformer and testing
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:22:46 -0800

On 2/5/2018 8:23 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
I also use wire wrap wire.  The Kynar insulation is designed to not cut thru against a sharp corner wire wrap post, no need to insulate ferrite.  I use 26 or 30 gauge.  Multi colors are fun and available in small spools on ebay in both gauges.  No messing with Xacto scraping off the polyimide insulation on magnet wire is another big plus.  A small multi-gauge wire stripper is a good investment to prevent nicks.  Hakko, Klein, and Ideal make them, check Amazon.

Grant KZ1W