Re: Topband: 160 top loaded vertical question

To: "cqtestk4xs@aol.com" <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 top loaded vertical question
From: Kees Nijdam <clnijdam@knid.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 19:28:14 +0100
Bill,

I modelled your antenna for a 20 meter high vertical with 4 X 10 meter (25 feet
is too short) long sloping topload wires. All 2mm.
The radiation resistance was about 14 ohm when resonant (no ‘’J’’). Depending
on the quality of your radial system you need to add 5…..100 Ohm (5 Ohm, very
good; 100 ohm, only two wires, 20 meter long and poor efficiency).
Even with a less then optimal radialnet it is unlikely that the impedance will
be as high as 50 Ohm and most likely it will be complex.
So you will need a network to convert this low (and complex) impedance to 50
Ohm.
My advise: 4 X 10 meter topload,  good radial system, measure the impedance,
calculate the values of the components (calculator can be found on internet)
and construct a tuner.   Do not take the mast down, you will not get 50 Ohm by
changing the lenght of the wires (at least not with that perfect radial system
you are going to make…..)

Kees, PE5T

Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10