Re: Topband: E31

To: "Victor Goncharsky" <us5we@bk.ru>, "topBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: E31
From: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:22:34 -0600
There are always lessons to be learned from previous expeditions. if 160m is a band upon which the team wants to focus, then a high-rise building top QTH is obviously not a good choice. That said, we must realize there are many factors involved in choosing the QTH (such as public awareness which appears to be a priority for this op). They were clearly having extreme trouble hearing. . . even southern EU had a tough time getting through. That said, they hung in there and did not give up. Interestingly enough, they were hearing better the first night. Not sure what to attribute that to as no apparent lightning in the area last night. In any case, I'm sure they are doing their very best with the situation presented. 73. . . Dave, W0FLS
P.S.  Spreading out their QSX window should help some (they control that).

-----Original Message----- From: Victor Goncharskyvia Topband