Topband: VU2GSM webSDR use.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: VU2GSM webSDR use.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 11:44:21 -0500
>>>Like Paul, I seriously doubt that Kanti is using a remote receiver.

Well... he confirmed it. Granted that it may not have been used for all
QSOs.

Based on the posted correspondence, it's clear he is not doing anything
with ill intent. It's either need, or his way of enjoying the hobby.

Other people use other techniques, like pre-arranged QSOs, perfectly
'legal', but not everybody's 'cup of tea'. There is also cross-band QSOs,
albeit these are not valid for DXCC, if I'm not mistaken. The hobby is
changing. eQSL even has an Echolink award now.

The problem is not him, but others that will hide their use of remote
receivers.

If contacting him again, ask if he is using the remote receiver on that
particular QSO. Ask also if he could try direct reception. This may well
become part of the Topband 'protocol' going forward.

There are no issues when things are done in the open, with everybody's
knowledge, if not agreement.