Re: Topband: My beverage only hears static?

To: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: My beverage only hears static?
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 14:00:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi Lee,

The only thing I've noticed are some pops going on some of the receive antennas
that I think may be an electric fence or some power line arcing. They are about
1-2 seconds apart. I see them sometimes and I can see it causing the AGC on
fast to cut back the gain on the receiver. But that does not sound like the
constant static I hear.

Just bought some new RG-6 coax from Norvac to replace this old stuff and make
sure it's not that. Also got some resistors and 'gators' for checking my 4:1
and 9:1 XFMR's like Tree was telling me. Also got some fence post and 1 1/2"
PVC to put up a NE beverage that I hope will reach at least 400 feet or better.

Terry

KI7M