Re: Topband: FT8 Usage or CW QRM

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 Usage or CW QRM
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 09:03:38 -0500
The beauty of any mode, not just FT8, is that no makes you use it.

If you don't like it, that is fine.  Don't.

However, this is many a night, even recently, where there are a bunch of
guys on FT8 including good DX and only 1 guy on CW if that.

For all you complaining about not liking it, that is fine.  However, ask
yourself how often to you get on on a Tuesday night and just call CQ for a
few hours.  I know some of you do, but if I did a poll on this list, I bet
80% don't.  And, that is ok.

The hobby has many many options.  Don't knock those that like what they get
out of it.

Carry on... :)

Mike va3mw