Re: Topband: FT8 Usage or CW QRM

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 Usage or CW QRM
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 09:01:42 -0500
I respect your right to enjoy not enjoying FT8, or any other mode for that
matter. I'll side with you every time this right is challenged.

Bottom line is, nature hates vacuum. If a section of a band is not used
most of the time, it may be 'adopted' by another SIG. There is strength in
numbers, and the numbers right now seem to be with FT8. Is it another fad?
Time will tell.

As for where the FT8 segment should be, that has changed a few times on
certain bands, but you must make your views known where the FT8 crowd is
likely to be discussing this. Leave the bad attitude behind, join the WSJT
Yahoogroups list, and be part of the solution. The FT8 'crowd' is not
likely to be following the Topband reflector.

K1JT did not dictate the frequencies, he may have made suggestions, like
many others, that was all. The mode is less than 6 months old. Things can,
and will continue to evolve/change. Let's make sure it always
evolves/changes for the better.

73 de Vince, VA3VF