Re: Topband: 160 inverted L radials question

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 inverted L radials question
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:23:57 -0500
Perhaps your solution might be a sloper,
using the radial bed, instead of another
INV-L? I used to have an INV-L at the edge
of a salt marsh in Connecticut, with 1/2
the radials on the marsh & the rest on the
bog beside it. I use a pneumatic spud gun
with fishing reel (see it on my QRZ page)
to shoot the line up & over the trees &
then pull the wire up from where the spud
lands with an egg insulator & Dacron rope
at the end. As an amputee there's really
no practical way I can get out there now
and shift the radial bed in the marsh and
bog, there's trees and scrub brush
everywhere.

Thanks to storms & hurricanes, some of the
tallest trees I used at first have come
down. I have had to now shoot at an angle
to reach the highest remaining trees,
making what I have now, a sloper. It
usually does quite well and I use the 160M
wire, 129' long, for 10M, 12M and the
upper part of 15M with great success. My
Triband on the roof picks up much too much
RFI from local interference to use so I
don't use it. All of my antennas are wire
and are connected to this one radial
plate.

73,

Gary