Re: Topband: VE1ZZ Jack Leahy

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VE1ZZ Jack Leahy
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:22:22 -0400
Hey Jeff,

Sorry to hear about Jack.  I have toured the wonderful VE1ZZ antenna farm &
shack with Jack back in the early 90's and marveled at how did he
(remarkable) things on a shoestring budget.

He partially inspired me to get busy on Top Band too !  He surely must've
been one of my first TopBand contacts.

To this day I make (some) coax connections like he showed me.pigtail style
up under a 2L pop bottle.

I have copied your message to the Maritime Contest Club mail server.  I am
not sure there are any of us close however.

Most MCC members (such as we are - a very small group these days) are
located in NB, PEI or Cape Breton, it seems.

Nonetheless, perhaps the word will get out to someone much closer.  I don't
know of a contact in the Halifax Amateur Radio Club, but if anyone reading
this does, please get ahold of some VE1's there and pass this message along
there too.  Halifax isn't too far from Head of Jeddore. and the 'ZZ QTH.

Thanks for passing it along.

dit dit Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB