Re: Topband: NCC-1 / NCC-2

To: Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: Topband: NCC-1 / NCC-2
From: "Joel Harrison" <w5zn@w5zn.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 07:10:10 -0600
Hi Gary,

I have experience with both the NCC-1 and the NCC-2. While I can't comment
on how they would perform in your specific environment, I have a
significant line noise source to my southeast about a mile away that I am
yet to be able to get the electric utility to address. The power line runs
north/south about a quarter mile to the east of my house so the noise
radiates along the power line and gives me trouble looking NE/E/SE. While
the NCC-1 was effective in nulling some of my problem, I found the NCC-2
much easier to identify the null and it seems to produce a slightly deeper
null than the NCC-1. Both were used with same RX antenna systems. I sold
my NCC-1 and now exclusively use the NCC-2 when needed and I am pleased
with it.

I do not know if there are any differences between the NCC-1 and NCC-2 as
far as design for nulling, maybe DX Engineering can provide some details.
In my specific situation, the NCC-2 is the better performer.

73 Joel W5ZN

www.w5zn.org