Re: Topband: Change in 160m conditions

To: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Change in 160m conditions
From: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 19:28:19 -0600
I, too, have noticed a lessening in frequency and intensity of sunrise peaks the past decade. They were so common a decade or so ago that many of us could pretty much count on them. In addition the openings which are frequently called "long path" (they are not true long path by my account, but are actually skewed path, typically SSW for NA stations in the early morning hours working Asia) are also happening with far less frequency. Here in the Midwest, it seems they have disappeared almost entirely. Obviously, things have changed. Here at the time of minimal solar activity I was hopeful of good prop on TB (like 2007/2008/2009). Generally speaking from my viewpoint here in the Midwest, that has not been the case.

73. . . Dave, W0FLS

-----Original Message----- From: Roger Kennedy