Re: Topband: Fwd: ET7L DXCC approval

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: ET7L DXCC approval
From: Victor Goncharsky via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 20:26:32 +0300
ET7L issue has nothing to do with remote operation. It was from Ethiopia
authorised by local officials.
The reason for not recognising it has nothing to do with ham radio.
SV2RSG is another example.

>Вторник,  6 декабря 2016, 17:55 +02:00 от DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>:
>
>So...the ARRL does not care. Libertarianism at its best, nothing wrong with
>that.
>
>Point taken about this reflector not being the place for this discussion.
>End of story for me. :^)
>
>73 de Vince, VA3VF
>
>On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Mike Cizek W0VTT < mgcizek@gmail.com > wrote:
>
>> The reflector isn't the place to start a discussion of what is and what is
>> not acceptable, but the League has made their decision about remote ops.
>> From the DXCC rules:
>>

>> 11.  Issues concerning remotely controlled operating and DXCC are best
>> dealt with by each individual carefully considering the ethical limits that
>> he/she will accept for his/her DXCC and other operating awards.
>>

>> <cut>
>>

>> It will continue to be up to the operator to decide what types of legal
>> remote control operating he/she will use (if any) to contribute to an
>> operating award.
>>

>> Naturally, I have my opinions, and will gladly share them over a few
>> beers.
>>

>> I've been a card checker since the program started, and am happy to say
>> that I have only found one case of a card being changed from 18 to 1.8
>> MHz.  The guy didn't even TRY to make it look good - couldn't believe it.
>>

>> --
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Mike Cizek WØVTT

73, Victor Goncharsky US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in VHF contests, ex UB5WE), P.E.
UARL Technical and VHF Committies
DXCC Honor Roll #1 (Mixed, Phone)
DXCC card checker (160 meters).