Re: Topband: 160 meter starter antennas

To: Arthur Delibert <radio75a3@msn.com>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter starter antennas
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:52:57 -0400

The rorary Flag antenna by WB6RSE was in March 2011, QST magazine. He has done exceeding well receiving with his Flag antenna on 160 meters..

73
Bruce-k1fz

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:07:31 +0000, Arthur Delibert  wrote:

I have good luck with a pennant antenna, using a DX Engineering pre-amp at the antenna.  I live in a densely populated suburb, where it seems like every neighbor has every RF noise-maker ever invented, and the antenna does a pretty good job except for neighbors that are right off the front end of the antenna.  The down-side is that it's fixed direction; but I have seen info about someone who built one on a rotating platform.  There's a ton of information about how to make them at http://www.angelfire.com/md/k3ky/page37.html

Art Delibert, KB3FJO
North Bethesda, MD