Re: Topband: aluminum "penetrating oil"

To: Roger Graves <ve7vv@shaw.ca>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: aluminum "penetrating oil"
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 17:38:07 -0700
I've been using PB Blaster penetrating oil with good success. Since you know there are Penetrox particles (it is zinc dust plus castor oil per the MSDS) between the tubes, I'd try to wick some PB in there, let it sit for a while and then work it back and forth to loosen up the dried up Pentrox. Repeat until the boom comes apart.

The Penetrox'd 3" booms here put together 7 years ago, came apart easily, but at some point the oil evaporates away.

Grant KZ1W