Re: Topband: OT: Studying the ionosphere using RBN

To: Jim <wa3mej@comcast.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: OT: Studying the ionosphere using RBN
From: "Dave Blaschke, w5un" <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 20:57:58 +0000
This is why. I want to know who is calling CQ on there.

Dave

On 5/30/2016 7:46 PM, Jim wrote:
Why waste time and energy with RBN stuff. We have the tool that does 90% of the
work for us an no one uses it because it is digital. WHISPER is the perfect
tool. If everyone would put their SSB transmitter a WHISPER frequency for 24
yrs before and after the eclipse we would have more data than anyone could ever
want. Then all you have to do is download the data and start crunching with a
computer program or manually... whichever is your to your liking. If this were
done over the entire world you could filter out what you didnt want or even see
how the propagation on the other side of the planet was during the eclipse.

If you have not looked at this program... it was written by Nobel Laureate (
Physics ) Joe Taylor K1JT here is the web site:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wspr.html

Jim

Message: 1