Re: Topband: OT: Studying the ionosphere using RBN

To: "'Jim'" <wa3mej@comcast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: OT: Studying the ionosphere using RBN
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 16:31:37 -0400
Should be 24 hrs--right?
N7RT

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2016 3:46 PM
To: topband@contesting.com

Why waste time and energy with RBN stuff. We have the tool that does 90% of
the work for us an no one uses it because it is digital. WHISPER is the
perfect tool. If everyone would put their SSB transmitter a WHISPER
frequency for 24 yrs before and after the eclipse we would have more data
than anyone could ever want. Then all you have to do is download the data
and start crunching with a computer program or manually... whichever is your
to your liking. If this were done over the entire world you could filter out
what you didnt want or even see how the propagation on the other side of the
planet was during the eclipse.

If you have not looked at this program... it was written by Nobel Laureate (
Physics ) Joe Taylor K1JT here is the web site:
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wspr.html

Jim

Message: 1