Re: Topband: VOA Antennas

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VOA Antennas
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 16:14:58 -0500
I fully agree, Lloyd! Below 30 MHz, not to worry.

 - There have been thousands of AM and SW broadcast engineers, each with a
lifetime of intense RF exposure, none of whom have been harmed in the least.

 - And that doesn't count the residents living near the transmitters, such
as those houses --with families living in them-- directly in the path of
that Sterba curtain's 25 megawatt RF field!

 - Or us Topbanders! :-)

I firmly believe that the FCC standards for HF exposure were composed with
an overabundance of caution (or should I say paranoia?). Too many lawyers.
And too many greedy idiots eager to hire them.

The exception might be diathermy, a medical treatment which intentionally
uses a very strong and concentrated RF field to heat and treat human tissue.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com