Re: Topband: VP8STI rumor

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VP8STI rumor
From: Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 15:06:59 +0000 (UTC)
how about 3 cheers for the Braveheart's skipper, Nigel, for keeping team safety
a priority?
73, w5xz, dan

    On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:30 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

 On Tue,1/26/2016 1:09 PM, Chortek, Robert L. wrote:
> Anyone know if they were able to go back and retrieve the equipment?

 From reading the post describing the potentially problematic ice flow,
it could be days (or longer) before that could be attempted. And, I'd
bet that everyone is super bushed by now. Hopefully seas are now calm so
they can recover some energy.

Yes, we all need to dig deep to support these guys. I'm going to do that
when I do the OQRS thing. I didn't make it on Topband, but I'm in the
log for six bands, including QRP on 20CW.

73, Jim K9YC