Topband: VP8STI 2016-01-23

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: VP8STI 2016-01-23
From: Steve Sacco NN4X <nn4x@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 11:47:46 -0500
VP8STI was workable - and working - 160M - into the US/NA 2016-01-23 around 05:00 Z.

For the first time w/ VP8STI, my K9AY loops actually could detect them - I heard them approximately equally well in the SW and SE directions, but I was also copying them on my vertical. I was also able to listen to them on my NE Beverage, which probably goes to show that, sometimes, it's about removing QRN as much as anything.

They went into my log at 15:02Z; as it was late, I didn't stick around much after that to see how long we had prop.

Now to work them on 10M.

73,
Steve
NN4X