Re: Topband: K5P in Zone 14

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K5P in Zone 14
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@bdtv.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 07:48:23 +0100
Yesterday to my big surprise I could copy K5P on 160m for
about 30 minutes, seemed to peak around 1445Z. They where
as strong as 559 on the peaks with deep QSB. I never ever
was thinking it was possible to even hear them the way
160m is these days.
However they does not seem to RX very well. Me and OH6KN
and one or two others was calling but K5P mostly was calling
CQ.
Big problem also was that the K5P operator never did announce
the RX frequency, he seemed to listen both up and down.
I am sorry but this is a very bad way of operating.

73 Jim SM2EKM