Topband: Pre-remote operation announcment

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Pre-remote operation announcment
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:59:15 -0800
In the full disclosure theme - I will be ONCE again using a remote
operating setup to try and work another DXCC country on topband.

You might remember I was separated from my home station when the K1N
operation took place.  I had planned to use my "home" station via remote -
but that was not possible and I instead helped a friend get his antenna
going on 160 and used his station (about 45 miles from my own station).

Well - this time - I will be operating from another DXCC country - which
may - or may not - be legal from the DXCC rules stand point - but I am
going to do it anyway.  I will be on a business trip in Guadalajara, Mexico
for most of the South Sandwich operation and need this for a new one.  So -
the new N6TR station will be setup to use over the internet.

Not wanting to take a K3 with me - I will be using my laptop - primarily
with remote desktop to my logging program.  Audio will be handled with
DF3CB's RemAud program (excellent software).  I have a USB camera focused
on the front panel of the K3 - and am using a KRC2 to turn on the amp when
on 160 and also to enable switching of my RX antennas.

Hopefully - the latency won't make me sound too much like a lid.  If I can
make 800+ QSOs in the SS CW using the same basic setup from India -
hopefully I can make one more from much closer.

Good luck to all in the pileups.

73 Tree N6TR (and my K5P QSO was barefoot - amp wasn't warmed up yet)